img_20170519_180948

Tinkle speaks at Engage Prague – the largest social media event!

Engage Prague took place between the 17th and 19th of May. Organised by Socialbakers and held over the course of 3 days, with 19 speakers, and 25 workshops it is regarded as the largest social media event, with significant social clout. This year’s focus is on “Changing the world through social”.

fb_img_1495273495690

Some of the speakers include companies from WWF, Nestle, Bata and Greenpeace among others. Alvaro Quesada, Business Director of Tinkle Singapore spoke along with Alice More O’Ferrall, WWF’s digital engagement manager, on how the organisation used social media to motivate users and help drive change with the Earth Hour movement.

Promoted by WWF, Earth Hour is a worldwide movement that began in 2007 in Sydney as a symbolic gesture to fight against climate change: Turning off the light for an hour. During this minute, millions of people turn off the light as a symbol of the “change of attitude” that must be faced with the problem.

img_20170519_170202

Since last year, Tinkle is proud to be working with the WWF International team to manage more than 7 million followers in their social channels. For this year’s Earth Hour, our community management team handled all the content and reaction that was garnered during the event. Tinkle advised that it is important to seize the opportunity to reach out and engage with users in real-time.

Our team of professionals replied to 95% of all messages received during Earth Hour (with the remaining 5% being spam) – as well as responded in no more than an average of two hours. In doing so, we were able to ensure that all participants felt valued and appreciated, which in turn increased the likelihood of social sharing as well as further participation once the event had ended. Furthermore, it allowed WWF to gather valuable insights based on what users enjoyed or were interested in, which will also inform future campaigns.

img_20170519_181943_992

Led by the best of the best in the industry, this international experience was a great opportunity to connect with many social media experts around the world who are working in various industries.

Catch the full video below presentation below!

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *